Tuesday, January 23, 2007

winter fun

Here's a backyard scene from last week-end. They were on the ice in the morning, in the afternoon and again after supper. Baby girl loves to play "tag" chasing her dad around. Baby boy loves to line up his pucks and take rapid succesive slapshots against a board we installed for him or to be the "goalie" so we can try to score on him.

True winter outdoor lovers.

Which is a good thing because tomorrow, they are going to a winter camp with their preschool. Three days filled with outdoor winter activities (tobogganing, snowshoeing, tubing, ringette, cross-country skiing, etc.) and 2 nights in a huge dormitory for 26 people. Their school has been doing this camp for close to 10 years and its for the oldest kids 4.5 yrs and up. Its the highlight of their year. Even big sis who went some 8 years ago still talks about how much fun she had.

There will be 20 kids, 2 teachers, two camp counsellors and two volunteer parents, one being yours truly :~) But now I have a cold. Darn. I have to get better in a hurry cause no matter what, I'm going. I've been hacking and coughing for the past two weeks (and taking ColdFx,zinc, VitC, echinecea) and my sinuses started to hurt yesterday so off to the doctor for some antibiotics. Today, the pain is in my ears. A little Advil cleared it up though.

So wish me luck, I'll tell you all about it when I return, happy but exhausted ;)

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

Argh... I just posted and it disappeared.

I think it is really cool that the kids are going to the camp! At first I was going to say how are you able to let them go without you, but then I saw that you are volonteering. I don't think I would be able to let J go overnight, with non-family members, without me when he is under 5. Kudos to you! I hope you have a great time :).

Good Things I Find said...

Sounds like fun. Hope you are feeling better.

Silver Creek Mom said...

OH have FUN! I can't wait to hear all about it.

And we have to set a "date" for next week! Feel better soon too.

Hugs