Friday, April 07, 2006

is this week over yet?

Today I'm tired. Really tired. This week has caught up with me.

Could be the time change.

Could be the drab weather.

Could be that I've been flying solo for a couple of days (one more sleep before hubby is back).

Could be that baby girl has ended up in my bed ever since hubby has been gone. She never does that.

Could be cause I've been going to bed late trying to catch up on a million little tasks.

Could be cause I agreed to help a new mom in the neighbourhood. She had an easy home birth, but 3 hours later she and baby were whisked to the hospital as she was hemorrhaging. Lost nearly half of her blood. So to help out, I offered to pick up and drive her kids to school, bring her youngest along with mine to their gymnastics and skating lessons. Strapping skates on 3 super excited preschoolers is a sport in itself.

Could be cause I've been scrambling to finish up some reports. I'm part of the Canadian Toy Testing Council. We get toys, books, videos for us to use around the house for 6-8 weeks and then give them back along with this detailed report. All on a volunteer basis. Had 4 due today, and 4 book reports at that. Me writing book reports. What a joke. I so hated doing that in school.

Could be that I ran around to get bday presents from the twins for this 5 year old and the birthday got cancelled today for Saturday :( They're not happy campers.

Could be that I agreed to do this job description thingy for hubby's workplace for Monday. What was I thinking.

Could be that we met with our new accountant this week, old one had a stroke and is totally paralyzed, and he wants all this paperwork that I have to dig out. D*mn taxes.

Could be that I met with an interior decorator this week to get the ball rolling on changing around the kids bedrooms and putting a guest bedroom in the basement.

Could be that I met with a contractor for some landscaping work.

Could be that I've been helping big sis with her school project on Switzerland.. She missed a whole week while we were on holidays. The teacher did give her an extension and all the others are in groups of 2 or 3. So she was alone and determined to submit hers in at the same time as the others. So there I was typing her project till 1 am.

Could be that big sis is preparing for this dance recital on Sunday.

OK then, here's my list:

--go to bed early tonight no matter what
--pick up hubby from airport tomorrow with kids and go earlier so we'll have supper there as a special treat
--call to book myself a massage somewhere :)

Have a great week-end!!

4 comments:

nancy said...

Phew! I am tired just reading that.

Get the massage!!! And hopefully a few moments to yourself, quietly, over the weekend.

BeachMama said...

I agree with Nancy, I am exhausted reading what you did this week! I hope you get some rest this weekend :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

And I thought I was busy. Man my dear where do you get time to sleep?

I hope everything is back to normal soon.

Hugs

Good Things I Find said...

Busy, busy, busy. I hope you have a little less on your schedule this week.