Wednesday, December 20, 2006

all partied out



Last night was our last adult only festive gettogether. Outfit #1 got worn for the third time. Its always the "getting-ready-to-go-out" part that proves to be the most stressful. Going over instructions with the sitter, making supper and feeding the kids, stopping sibling animosity which always seems to excalate the closer the time comes for me to go and finally finding some time to myself to get dolled up (hubby was still at work and I had to go pick him up). As I'm struggling through these tense moments I can't help but wonder is it really worth it? Should I have just stayed home?

But of course, once I'm actually there with some alcoholic beverage in my hand, I can slowly feel all the tension dissipate and I'm reconnecting with my old self. Especially last night as we were in a room full of my professional colleagues, some of them acquaintances of close to 25 years. Hubby and I worked the room, making a point of talking to all we knew and meeting some new people as well. Networking I guess.

We left hand-in-hand glad to have managed to go out on a "date" and amazed at the number of people we know and met there, a very extensive social circle. Quite heartwarming actually.

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

How wonderful that you got to go on a 'date' together. I am really starting to miss those days, but in time for sure. I find that it is always worth it in the end to get all dolled up, not once have I had a bad time when dressed up ;).

Silver Creek Mom said...

ADULT ONLY?!

BUT YOU HAVE KIDS?

HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE THAT?

(Can I say jealous, Jack never takes me to his Christmas parties mainly becasue he doesn't go and doesn't like going)