Wednesday, June 20, 2007

new shoes



Aren't they just the cutest?

I finally did it, a few weeks ago, bought some Crocs for baby girl and baby boy and for me ;) They picked their colors and added some whimsical detailing corresponding perfectly to their little personalties.

When we first saw these in Florida a few years ago, my initial thought of course was, who on earth would buy these things. Now they are everywhere and I have to admit: I love them! So comfy! Little feet don't sweat, the sand doesn't stay trapped in them, easy to clean, OK to walk in puddles and mine are just the best for gardening!

On other news, we went for our annual visit at the pediatrician yesterday. Baby boy was born weighing half a pound less than his sister. That half pound difference has stayed there up until yesterday: they now both weigh exactly 45 pounds. But now baby girl is one whole inch taller than baby boy. Regardless, they are both hovering at the 75% for both height and weight. Way to go kiddos!!!

8 comments:

Loukia said...

I first saw crocs on the nurses in CHEO when Christos was admitted when he was just under 3 months old, and I thought to myself, 'those are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen!' Of course, the nurses loved them and swore they were the most comfortable shoes ever!
Now, my son has 2 pairs - green and blue - and he looks SO CUTE in them! They are so comfy, so easy to get on and off, they can get wet, they're just perfect! For kids, they are sooo adorable. :) Adults... not so sure!

Anonymous said...

Lexi and Cade have the same exact ones. I was the same as you, never thought you would catch me wearing these and now I can't take them off. I have the pink mary janes, which do you have? Lini

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I would wear them myself... but they look pretty cute on kids.

BTW, Emma's voice is in a commercial for crocs that's running on CTV Ottawa right now!

skatey katie said...

i just love your *whimsical detailing*... they look just like lollies (candy)!!!!!!!!
mmmmm-mmmmmmmm.... i wonder how long they'll last on the shoes before someone tries to eat them???? lol

BeachMama said...

J has the same ones as Baby Boy, minus the detailing. I bought them for the backyard where he kept getting splinters on his treehouse. He hasn't worn his sandals since. Hubby now wants a pair, but I am trying to stick with the kids only, somehow I just don't think that they are quite what Hubby should be wearing.

Silver Creek Mom said...

I'm tempeted to get me some. But just haven't done it. I love slip on's. Espcially in the summer. I love slip on's as much as I love dressy cute boots for fall and winter.

Great Job growing kids. I hope My grow grows (well puts some wieght) on soon.

twinmomplusone said...

got myself some plain black ones, they are SOOO comfy! but I've only worn them around the house (gardening, to the pool) and to go to the kids' soccer games :)

nancy said...

My kids love their crocs. I am not a fan. I didn't like the way they felt on my feet. Just me.

As for the annual check-up...we too are the same weight (45 pounds) and T is 1/2 inch taller than his brother. Too cute.