Friday, June 01, 2007

a mommy's life

I keep trying to come up with some profound meaningful worth-your-while-to read kind of post, but my head is not there. Seems that my life lately is filled with simple mundane activities: juggling soccer schedules, birthday parties, year-end celebrations and outings, paying bills, organizing/coordinating summer activities, going to the gym, meeting girlfriends for coffee, etc. Plain old mommy stuff.

Seems everyday at breakfast, I find myself sitting down with my coffee and making a list of things to do for the day. An organized mind focused on tasks at hand make me a happy camper :)

Today's list: buy plants for vegetable gardens and flowers and plant all in afternoon, buy a few year end presents for school teachers, make fruit platter for tomorrow's Greek school celebration, attend two soccer games tonight, unpack big sis bag (came back from a two day school trip to Kingston), figuring out menu for supper.

Yep, not all that exciting. But that's my life. And quite happy with it actually.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greek school? Cool I picture buffet of greek salads and spanokpitas!

nancy said...

I bought plants this morning and hope to get some done this afternoon.

Supper tonight - BBQ sausages, coleslaw, guacamole and chips, a fun friday nite!

So...I got that far today.

Happy weekend! xoxo

BeachMama said...

I feel very similar about most of my days. I read all these blogs with people running around doing all sorts of cool stuff. Sure I have those days too, but mostly they are about keeping our house in order and entertaining J, not usually the most exciting days, but I am quite happy with it.

Silver Creek Mom said...

MY Life is busy and things are good. I just need to smile and remember it could be worse.

hugs

Good Things I Find said...

You say your life is filled with simple mundane activities. A lot of the things on your list sound like simple pleasures.
Sometimes it seems that the list of things to do is neverending when you're a mom.