Thursday, August 24, 2006

back to school


That's it, another big step in big sis' life. Yesterday was her first day in her new school. She walked in confidently with her backpack and all her school supplies, waved to the FEW people she knew (just one girl from her previous school and a few soccer teammates). It was an orientation morning for all the 7th graders. All 460 of them! That's how many students were in her whole elementary school!! And the kids all looked so, well, like, older ;)

Her biggest concern is where and with whom to sit on the bus next week :) My biggest concern is getting her on the bus at 7:15 a.m., yikes!

Good luck sweetie! I'm looking forward to experiencing this new stage of your life right along with you.

6 comments:

Silver Creek Mom said...

Good Luck Big Sis...I'm cheering you from over here! I'm sure it will be as fun as it was for my girl.

Mom I'm here to hear the stories!

nancy said...

Oh dear, that brought tears to my eyes. I feel that you have a great approach/attitude towards this next (VERY BIG) stage of her life, which can only reflect on her, and she will do extrememly well.

Does she have a boyfriend yet? (snicker snicker)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she will handle it with the same grace and style as her mother...

Good Things I Find said...

I'm sure the bus routine will fall into place. It's those first few mornings. Yikes 7:15!! My oldest is walking this year.. first time ever. She is going into grade 9.

skatey katie said...

land sakes that's an early departure. huge love to you all in this next adventure...

skatey katie said...

how's the first week been??
:o)