Wednesday, September 12, 2007

in memoriam

Life is settling down to some routines now that we are in our third week of back to school. Which is a good thing. I get to go back to the gym or do my daily walks more regularly and I even can throw in some "down" time to read a book and even the newspaper!

Two stories have caught my eye. Two people have passed away this past week. Two well known personalities, different genders, different life stories, different areas of expertise YET both have contributed in their own way to better the world we are in. What a great legacy to leave behind. Something we should all strive for.

First Luciano Pavarotti: that voice which enchanted millions of people worldwide. This particular song gives me goose bumps each time I hear it. His collaboration with countless of other singers broadened the spectrum of his genre of music. A true and unique virtuoso.

Then Anita Roddick: mother, environmentalist, entrepreneur, visionary, humanitarian, founder of the The Body Shop and actively involved in countless charities worldwide. Truly inspirational.

3 comments:

BeachMama said...

I too was saddened to hear that Luciano had passed away. He was a remarkable singer and truly inspirational to many. He will be missed.

I hadn't heard of Anita Roddick's passing, but it would appear that she left made a difference.

Hope you are enjoying getting back into your routine.

skatey katie said...

i'm totally with you.
two stars.
i am so inspired by anita roddick, her Global Love makes her one of my heroes X

Silver Creek Mom said...

I'm still sturggling with Routine with Nathan. He's a tough nut to crack. Refuses to do his homework. Wants to play, and he keeps saying Playing is learning. LOL!